Ways to Recognize Milestones
The following are some examples of ways to recognize and acknowledge milestones that are important to you:
- Reflect on your experience: You can reflect on your lymphoma experience privately through thought, prayer, meditation, or journaling. You may also wish to share your thoughts with a family member or a friend.
- Organize an event: This can be as simple as a small dinner party or as elaborate as a big bash with music and dancing.
- Rediscover yourself: Whether it is hiking a local trail, having a picnic, treating yourself to a massage, or going to the movies with a friend, if you enjoy what you are doing then you can consider that activity a celebration.
- Be adventurous: Some may like to try something different like a helicopter ride or skydiving.
- Participate in an established celebration: Be a part of annual walks, races, or golf tournaments hosted by patient advocacy groups and other organizations.
- Donate: Help give positive meaning to what you have been through by making a financial contribution to a charity, cancer organization, or hospital where you were treated.
Whatever you choose to do, do what feels right for you.
Cancer.Net. Recognizing and Celebrating Milestones
Accessed May 27, 2014